- Butterhead Green lettuces have soft, buttery-textured leaves that form very loose heads. They boast a mild, sweet, and succulent flavor.
- Lettuce Green are so easy to grow, so nutritious, and so delicious picked fresh from the garden, that everyone should grow them.
- Grow lettuce in the vegetable garden, tuck it into flowerbeds, or cultivate it in containers.
- The Butterhead Green lettuce forms a head that is somehow similar to that of cabbage in shape and has soft, waxy, flexible leaves. It is sensitive to hot weather.
- Butterhead lettuce is less adapted to field growing or long-distance shipments.